At the end of August I made my biannual trip to meet with my partner in this business. I believe we had a very productive session in between eating out at some wonderful eateries and lounging around the pool with our laptop PC’s working on a couple of new websites. These will be made public in just a short period of time.
I spent most of the week afterward doing my part on these new website developments. I’m just waiting now on our clients to complete a few tasks that will be required on their part before I’ll have to get my hands back into things.
This holiday weekend was planned to not do much on my computer obligations, but those plans went away pretty quickly Saturday morning. It seems that one of my external hard drives decided to fail on me. It is still in the let’s see what I can do to get it operational again, however, I did go ahead and purchased a replacement external hard drive.
Fortunately, I did not lose any data since I use multiple devices to backup my data files. Most data was recovered quickly from the other devices but I also decided to do some reorganizing of my primary websites file system using the new external hard drive as my motivation to tackle this project.
My new website folders/files system is simply renaming active website main folders with some logic applied to them. This should ease the search for any particular site’s files a little more efficient for me.
This reorganization also includes updating the websites data spreadsheets to the new folder names and my FTP Client program to find the correct website folder on my local system.
Still not done with all of that, but I have one more day left in this long weekend.
Source: Michael’s WordPress Blog
Source: Michael’s WP Blog